ASI affiliates and graduate students at the American Sociological Association Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, PA.
- Julia Finan presented Education and Perceived Need for Future ADL Assistance, at the Disability in Society: How and Why Race, Class, and Gender Matter..
- Amy Lutz and Andrew London presented Who Joined the Military in the Post-9/11 Era?: Military Enlistment, Timing, and Combat Duty, during the Peace, War, and Social Conflict Section Roundtable Sessions.
- Shannon Monnat and contributors presented Shifting Cohort Patterns in the Use of High-Risk Drugs in the United States.
- Merrill Silverstein, Jeung Hyun Kim, and contributors presented Did Growth in Gender Egalitarianism Weaken Religiosity in Baby-Boom Women? A Developmental-Historical Approach, at the Table 6 Cognition session during the Section on Aging and the Life Course Roundtables and Research Working Groups.
- Scott Landes was a panelist at the session How Can Aging and Life Course Research Become More Inclusive?
Session Organizers and Presiders
- Jennifer Karas Montez was session organizer and presider for the Political Determinants of Health session.
- Andrew London was session organizer and presider for the Substance Use Initiation, Maintenance, and Desistance across the Life Course session.
- Marc Garcia was session organizer for Aging and the Life Course Roundtables and Research Working Groups.
- Andrew London was session organizer for the Section on Drugs and Society Refereed Roundtables.
- Janet Wilmoth was session organizer for the Section on Aging and the Life Course Mentoring Reception.
Editorial board membership, Leadership Positions, and Awards
- Catherine Garcia, Marc Garcia, Scott D. Landes, and Jennifer Karas Montez are members of the Journal of Health and Social Behavior Editorial Board.
- Jennifer Karas Montez is Chair-Elect of the ASA Section on Population.
- Andrew London was organizer for the Section on Drugs and Society Business Meeting.
- Catherine Garcia was elected for a 3-year term as a Council Member of the ASA Section on Aging and the Life Course.
- Merril Silverstein is past chair of the Section on Aging and the Life Course.
- Marc Garcia is Council Member of the Section on Aging and the Life Course.
- Janet Wilmoth received the Section on Aging and the Life Course Mentoring Award.